My Blog List

Thursday 26 September 2013

Playlist Thursdays - Yoga Gots Soul

I've just returned from teaching a new corporate class - it's always a bit nerve-wracking to start a new class but I feel really passionately that those of us who spend our days at a desk need extra yoga tlc.
(Hence the silly office yoga that transpired in front of my iphone camera)



And back to playlists...

I create a yoga playlist similarly to the way I used to create playlists when I ran a lot and mixed tapes back in the day - I usually find inspiration in a theme or a song I become obsessed with (or fall back in love with) and then build around it. I like to start slow and end slow

This week's playlist was built around The Temptations because I love them. Truthfully, I thought of that scene in Thelma and Louise where they're singing The Way You Do the Things You Do...

Here comes some soul. Can ya dig it?


* Ain't No Sunshine by Aaron Neville

* Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin

* Far Away Like a Radio by Colin James (holla!)

* Someday We'll Be Together by The Supremes

* The Way You Do the Things You Do by The Temptations

* Little Sister by Elvis Presley

* What's Happening Brother? by Marvin Gaye

* Band of Gold by Freda Payne

* Too Late for Lovers by Gin Wigmore (are you listening to Gin Wigmore?????Why nooooot?)

* Hurt Me Tomorrow by K'Naan

* Again by Lenny Kravitz

* I Don't Want to Fight Anymore by Tina Turner

* Right Back Where We Started From by Maxine Nightengale

* Come to my Window by Melissa Ethridge

* Angel of Harlem by U2

* Ain't Too Proud to Beg by The Temptations

*(Sittin' On) The dock of the Bay by Otis Redding

* You Put the Soul in the Song by Waylon Jennings (Waylon's got soul. He just looks country)

* Change Gonna Come by Otis Redding

* Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino

* America by Simon and Garfunkel (which makes me cry and is therefore left for the end of class when everyone is napping)

So there it is, yoga/music friends. I hope you enjoy it and spend many happy hours at your mat.


Love your soul,

Er

No comments:

Post a Comment